Club Sandwich with smoked Tempeh fillet
Ingredients (4 portions)
- 12 slices of wholegrain toast bread, without preservatives
- 1 pack of Tempeh, (325gr), of your choice
- Mustard (no sugar/preservatives)
- Lettuce, iceberg, red lollo lettuce
- Cucumber, pickled or fresh
- Sesame oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Tamari ONE Project
- 3 TBS Rice Mirin ONE Project
- 3 TBS Brown rice vinegar ONE Project
- 1 TBS smoked paprika powder
- 1 TBS garlic powder
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1/2 bunch rucola
- 50 gr pine nuts
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 TBS Brown rice vinegar ONE Project
- 2 TBS White sweet miso ONE Project,
- 1 TBS Barley miso ONE Project
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onions
- 2 scallions
Pesto: roast the pine nuts on a skillet. Blend all the ingredients in a food processor until creamy. Adjust miso, vinegar, oil according to your palate.
Tempeh: Cut Tempeh transversely in 4 thin slices and then vertically in the middle, creating this way 8 wide pieces. Steam it for 10 minutes. Marinade it for at least 2 hours.
Dry Tempeh on kitchen paper, both sides.
Pan-fry Tempeh with sesame oil, a coupke of minutes on each side, so that they turn brown and become crunchy a bit.
Alternatively we could:
- oil the fillet and toast them in a toaster for 2-3 minutes.
- instead of steam, we can pan-fry them and then cook them in the marinade for 10 minutes. they will become softer than crunchy.
Toast the bread slices a bit on toaster, just to get a ψολορ
Wash and dry the vegetables, cut the green part of iceberg leaves in such a size that fits the bread size. Cut the cucumber in thin slices.
Composing the club sandwich
Spread pesto on a bread slice, place on iceberg, a piece of Tempeh. Coat another slice with pesto and put on top of Tempeh. On the other side of the slice smear enough mustard, rucola leaves and another piece of Tempeh. Put on cucumber pickle and cover with mustard coated bread slice.
Cut diagonally in 2 or 4 pieces and pierce each piece with a toothpick.
Ready to go!
Try with marinated, pressed salad and vegetables tempura instead of french fries.